The Dogs of Depression: A Guide for Happy People

The Dogs of Depression: A Guide for Happy People

Monday 13 June 2016

As My Friend Calls It: Random Musings

Another week, another massive bombing killing innocent people and causing pain, fear and misery in the beautiful country of Belgium. I do not understand and I am not going to pretend I do.

If your faith teaches you to kill others, to treat women and children like trash and to distort and twist the truth, to me that is a mental illness. I don't care if you are Jewish, (although I do not recall any fanatical Jewish uprisings), Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Catholic, Buddhist or Monk. Fanatical belief that teaches to harm others because of an us or them mentality is so far from being human, it should be wiped out for the rabid dog it is.

How many more people have to die before we name this for what it is: the annihilation of a way of thinking because someone decreed it was wrong.

I do not know what the answer is and I am not going to pretend I do. But being politically correct does nothing to solve this and lets the bully stomp all over the flowers in the garden because they cannot see the beauty for what it is, and Heaven forbid that someone else should live different from you.

I hate the fact that my birth home may be next. I hate that the rape rate in Sweden has increased by 1400%. I hate that girls are being told to change the way they dress or take a different route to school so as to not upset the men in the camps. I hate that we could be next.

Nothing makes sense to me anymore in a world where swim team USA Olympic hopefuls can brutally rape a girl and get less than three months in prison. When a 280 pound 19 year old can charge a police officer with a weapon and then be considered the victim when the officer kills him. When a man can brutally kill and eat a young man in front of others and be walking the streets, a free man in 7 years.

People are yearning for change and growth and optimism, but in these trying times, that is a difficult thing to do.

Peace.....

No comments:

Post a Comment