Did I mention a sense of humour?
Blog Questions - Women Writers in Horror Month – Suzi M (aka James Glass)
- When did you start writing horror? Officially? When I was around 15-16 years old.
2. Have you written in any other genre? Yes. I have also written in occult/mystery as James Glass.
3. What makes you uncomfortable? Tight underwear.
4. Does your family read your work? Yes. Yes they do. I’m as surprised as you about that. ☺
5. Does your writing make you uneasy? Some scenes make me uneasy, but overall it’s a birthing process and the ‘baby’ needs to come out.
6. Who would you say you write like? I’ve been compared to quite a few writers. HP Lovecraft, Stephen King, Poppy Z. Brite, and Tanith Lee to name a few.
7. Who are your favourite authors? Tough one to answer. I have quite a few. Lovecraft, Stephen King, Joe Hill, the Bronte sisters, Ann Radcliffe, Nick Cave, the list could go on and on.
8. Who influences you as a writer? Emily Bronte and HP Lovecraft.
9. Do you remember what your first horror book was that you read? Indeed I do. ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King. The book was hidden under my parents’ bed, and I would sneak read when they were cooking. ☺
10. How old were you? Second grade. I can’t remember how old that is.
11. Is there any subject you will not touch as an author? I tend to stay away from hurting/killing pregnant women, children, or animals.
12. What was the best advice you were given as a writer? ‘Keep writing.’
13. If you had to start all over again, what would you do different? I would have printed out copies of all my stuff and kept them in a lock box. Hard drive crashes and out-dated unreadable floppy disks SUCK.
14. How many books do you read a year? In a good year, 15 or more. In recent years? Ten or less.
15. Do you write every day? Yes, every spare minute I can.
Amazon as Suzi M: http://www.amazon.com/Suzi-M/e/B003TTLGP2/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
Amazon as James Glass: http://www.amazon.com/James-Glass/e/B009K6RSG4/ref=ntt_aut_sim_5_1
Suzi M Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SuziMOfficial
James Glass Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JamesRGlassII